Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vegans and Vegetarians

It seems that I meet an new vegan or vegetarian every other week, and I have no idea why seeing how I only eat meat. More often than not, this person is also a member of PETA and has a deep investment in the rights of animals.

A new friend of mine tried to convince me to give PETA a look-see and consider joining. While I think PETA has a few interesting points, like this:


More often than not, their ads offend me and put me in the frame of mind to club a baby seal or buy something made of leather. For example:There is no need to kick a guy when he's down, especially with something like cancer.



Completely tasteless. How someone can even make the comparison is beyond my comprehension.



This was handed out to kids in front of schools. Come on!

I've given it some thought and if you support PETA, I don't think I want to be your friend any more. Even someone as reprehensible and immoral as me has some limits. Go ahead and delete yourself from my friend list. Thanks for your time.

Fine Print: Please don't delete yourself as my friend. I still like you. Just take a moment to consider whether PETA is right for you. Even if you think it is, I still want to be your friend. I just want you to know what I think of PETA.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I just linked you to my nutrition site. Good thing no one actually reads mine ;)