Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Chicken of the Sea

I love Hamburger Helper! As I was cleaning out the cupboards yesterday, I found a large stash of Hamburger Helpers and the like tucked away in the corner, so for dinner tonight I made Tuna Helper.
As I was cooking, I got to thinking about the last time I had Tuna Helper. It's been quite awhile. I used to love Tuna Helper: it's much easier and cheaper to make than Hamburger or Chicken Helper but I would guess I haven't had Tuna Helper since I moved to Vegas. Really?

I thought about it and realized that I was correct, and in fact I haven't had any tuna products since I moved to Vegas. Why was that? I couldn't think of a reason for it. Tuna is so easy to prepare, it's healthy, and it never goes bad. Do they stock it in a strange aisle here? Is it hard to get in the desert? Did I forget it existed?

As I sat down to eat, the first bite quickly reminded me. I gave up on tuna a while ago. Tuna just hasn't tasted as good since they made it "Dolphin Safe." Why do they got to go and change a good thing? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No comments: