Thursday, August 17, 2006

West Coast Trip

I finally made a trip up the west coast. Here are some pictures from it.

First, we had to make it out of Nevada. We took 95 up to Reno. Along the way we stopped in Goldfield to check out this amazing store:


Then we entered Bigfoot country in Willow Creek, California:


The next day we visited Redwood National Forest. There is a tree you can drive through if your car is small enough. Against A---'s advice, I attempt to drive her car through:


It took about five hours for the tow-truck people to get it out. The car was undrivable afterwards because the rear axel was bent.

In Oregon, our motel had a pool. However, I was very disappointed to learn that is was only open 3 hours a day.


After I talked to the lady at the front desk and expressed my displeasure, she assured me that 12pm means midnight. When I asked if this "12pm means midnight" was true for all of Oregon, she said no. She said that some of the eastern part of the state is in a different time zone so 12pm would mean 1am there. I didn't ask her any more questions.

In Washington, I visited Twin Peaks country.


Rather than retrace our steps, we decided to take a different route home. I learned that they have keno in Idaho, but it isn't quite as advanced:


I had to play at least one game, but I lost. I picked number 3. Damn, I never win.

Finally, we drove through Utah and I decided we should stop and check out some of the Mormon scenery. We visited the Brigham Young Lotus Temple. Much more exotic than I expected (Notice our rental car in the first picture):

No comments: