Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Bad Day

Today was a bad day. Not that anything of terrible note happened, just felt like shit. In a last ditch effort to try and go to bed without crying, I decided to read the daily news. Like most people, hearing about the misery of others does wonders to cheer me up. Unfortunately, it only made things worse. I love living in Vegas; it has so much to offer and is such an awesome place. I feel so strongly that even when I travel I take some sort of pride in telling people that I'm from here. That is until I read this:

Mayor Declares Paris Hilton Day In LV

August 30, 2006 - Thousands of Paris Hilton fans crowded the Las Vegas Strip last night, to get a glimpse of the celebrity turned singer. Mayor Oscar Goodman declared yesterday "Paris Hilton Day" in Sin City, and comic Jeff Beacher arranged to have skywriters above the Strip, congratulating Paris on her new self-titled CD. Hilton attended a launch party that began at Beacher's new "Rockhouse" at the Imperial Palace, and ended across the street with an appearance at the Pure nightclub at Caesars Palace. A street festival to mark the event was held on the Strip. The first single from Paris' album "Stars are Blind," has reportedly done well. The next single will be "Turn It Up."

My day is complete.

No comments: