Monday, July 10, 2006

Brothel Art Museum

I guess I can blame it on my new bookmark or maybe it's the intense heat of the last week or maybe it's something else that I just can't put my finger on but either way I just can't get it out of my mind so today before I even knew what was going on I found myself enroute, and enroute at an unsafe speed at that, but enroute nonetheless to that other desert paradise outside of Vegas, the somewhat respectable town of Pahrump. Upon my arrival, I found my map...


Don't let the intriguing sign get your hopes too high. Although it may be a one-of-a-kind experience, if you want to know what to really expect read this article from the Las Vegas Review Journal.

Less than 15 minutes later...


No one in sight and only one other car in the parking lot. This could be perfect. I was happy I brought my own paper towels.

Inside...

More of a "history of" via newspaper clippings as opposed to "Brothel Art." I only found one pair of tits on display in the whole exhibit but unlike the women down the street, the entry to the museum is free so it wasn't all bad. It took about 5 minutes to thoroughly take it all in which is longer than I would've lasted at Mabel's anyway. Score one more for Nevada - I love living here!!!

No comments: